Top Beach Towns Within Driving Distance of Savannah
Savannah is centrally located near so many great beaches. It’s time to start planning a few beach adventures this summer once school is out and before the summer travel rush. Savannah Car Rentals can help you get there with one of our affordable low-mileage, late-model Nissan rentals.
Consider one of the following top beaches within driving distance of Savannah for your early summer trip:
Beaches for Your Next Road Trip
- Hilton Head, SC: Just 45 minutes away from Savannah, Hilton Head is famous for its beautiful Lowcountry beaches and golf courses. Enjoy views of the lighthouse and experience the wildlife of Pinckney National Wildlife Refuge nearby.
- Augustine, FL: About two hours, 45 minutes south of Savannah is the historic town of St. Augustine. In addition to the white sandy beaches, tour the Castillo de San Marcos and appreciate beautiful Spanish architecture throughout the city.
- Outer Banks, NC: Almost eight hours north of Savannah are the Outer Banks of North Carolina. These beaches are barrier islands off of North Carolina’s coast; while there, check out Cape Hatteras and historic Roanoke Island.
- Destin, FL: If you’re looking for a Gulf beach, Destin is seven hours southwest of Savannah. A popular beach town, Destin offers golf courses, white sandy beaches, and the Destin Harbor Boardwalk.
- Tybee Island, SC: Lastly is our very own Tybee Island, just a half hour or so from Savannah. In addition to beautiful beaches, touring the Tybee Island Light Station and Museum is a favorite local attraction.
Savannah Car Rentals Can Get You There!
Savannah Car Rentals can help you get to your next beach adventure safely and affordably. Rent from any one of our convenient locations in Savannah, Hinesville, or Statesboro. One of our low-mileage, late-model Nissans can get you to the sand and surf comfortably, whether you need a compact car or SUV.
Students can enjoy a 10% discount, and active duty military may waive the security deposit. Savannah Car Rentals looks forward to getting you to the beach this summer!
Top Reasons to Rent a Car for Your Road Trip
Between spring break trips winding down and summer vacations on the horizon, you might have a road trip or two planned for the next few months. Be it a day, a few days, a week, or more, renting a car for your road trip is one of the best travel decisions you can make.
Consider the top reasons to rent a car for your road trip and let Savannah Car Rentals help make your road trip safe, comfortable, and affordable!
Why Rent a Car for Your Road Trip?
● Save mileage on your own car. Renting a car to drive across the state or across the country will inevitably save mileage on your own car. More mileage means more wear and tear, and you’d probably rather put that wear and tear on a rental rather than on the car you depend on to drive to work or school. Rent a car and let one of Savannah Car Rentals’ factory fresh Nissans take on the miles you’ll cover on your trip.
● Don’t let car problems threaten your vacation plans. Your personal car, unless its brand new, may have issues or may be at risk of developing issues… faulty transmission, old tires, a weak air conditioner… the possibilities are endless. Taking a car with problems or potential problems on a road trip is inviting a disaster to derail your vacation plans. Don’t risk it — rent a factory fresh vehicle and travel worry-free.
● Travel more comfortably. Rent the size, make, and model of car that you actually need for your trip rather than trying to cram a group into a small economy sized car. Several hours into your road trip you’ll be glad you did!
Reach out to Savannah Car Rentals
If you’re traveling in or around the Savannah, GA area, Savannah Car Rentals can serve you with three convenient locations in Savannah, Hinesville, and Statesboro. We’re also pleased to offer a 10% student discount, and a security deposit waiver for active duty military. Book one of our low-mileage, late-model Nissans of numerous sizes, makes, and models for your road trip today!
Spring Break Trips near Savannah, GA
Spring break: a great time to step away from the stress of school and work to take a trip with friends and family to relax and recharge. Beaches and cities with nightlife are the stereotypical destinations for many young people. But this year consider a road trip to a more unique location, one that will actually refresh you and provide some genuine adventure.
Whatever your destination, whether near or far, Savannah Car Rentals can set you up with an affordable, safe rental to get you to and from your vacation with ease.
Consider these destinations near Savannah, GA when planning your spring break trip:
- Tybee Island – 30 minutes from Savannah – Tybee is only half an hour from downtown Savannah, but if you’re planning on a long stay, a rental is a great idea to keep your own car safe at home without putting extra miles on it. On Tybee, enjoy quaint island living by taking in all the outdoor activities this island has to offer. Visit Little Tybee Island, only accessible by boat and uninhabited, for a few hours or plan to go camping. Rent bikes, stand-up-paddle boards, or go kayaking for the day. You can even charter a boat to go deep sea fishing. There are plenty of ways to enjoy island wildlife and nature on Tybee Island.
- Cumberland Island National Seashore – about 90 miles south of Savannah – Cumberland Island National Seashore is just north of Jacksonville, FL and is known for its seclusion, wild horses, and quiet beaches. This is the place to visit if you’re looking for an unplugged, detached spring break. There are no hotels except for the luxury Greyfield Inn, or you can camp on the island.
- New Orleans – 9 hours from Savannah – If you have a long trip planned, make the drive to New Orleans. The city can accommodate if you’re looking for nightlife, but it offers so much more than that. Take in the history and charm of the French Quarter or take your kids to the Audubon Zoo. The National World War II museum is also impressive and worth a visit.
Savannah Car Rentals Spring Break Rentals
For your spring break transportation, look no further than Savannah Car Rentals. We have three convenient locations in Savannah, Hinesville, and Statesboro to serve you, where you can rent any one of our low-mileage, late model Nissans. Also be sure to take advantage of our 10% student discount and active duty military security deposit waiver if you qualify. Make this spring break memorable with the help of Savannah Car Rentals!
Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Car’s Interior
It’s important to prep the exterior of your car for spring by taking care of things like ensuring correct tire pressure, changing the oil if necessary, and attaching new windshield wipers. But doing a nice spring cleaning on the interior of your car is also an important part of keeping your car running and looking its best.
You might be doing a spring cleaning of your home or office — tossing out things you don’t need and tidying up in general in preparation for warmer weather and a new year. So why not spring clean your vehicle while you’re at it? The inside of your car has likely taken a beating all winter long just as the outside has because of weather, family events, traveling, muddy shoes, and more.
When spring cleaning your car’s interior, keep these tips in mind:
- Carpets and upholstery: Your carpets take a beating no matter what sort of climate you live in. You’ve likely tracked mud, moisture, dirt, and snow on your car’s carpets and upholstery all winter — plus a few coffee stains here and there. Use a carpet cleaner or at the very least, a vacuum, to clean your carpets and upholstery, taking care to clean out underneath the seats as well.
- Glove box: Clean your glove box out of any trash that has accumulated, and make sure you have updated copies of your insurance cards stowed there.
- Consoles and dashboard: The dashboard is a great place for dust to gather; you’ll be amazed at how clean your car looks once you wipe it down. Pay attention not to get any moisture in outlets while cleaning your console(s).
- Car trunk: Car trunks can accumulate all kinds of junk throughout the winter. Store or throw away anything you won’t need with warmer weather approaching.
Savannah Car Rentals Can Make This Easy
If you’re hoping to hire a professional to clean out and detail your car, you don’t have to worry about not having a car while the pros clean out your own. Savannah Car Rentals can set you up with one of our low mileage, late model Nissans for the day and help keep you on schedule.
Visit or call any one of our locations in Savannah, Hinesville, or Statesboro. We offer a security deposit waiver for active duty military and a 10% student discount. We make spring cleaning easier — rent with us today!
Tips for Preparing Your Car for Spring
Typically, car owners think they need to prepare their cars for winter, which is true. But good car care also involves preparing your car for Spring. Your car can take quite a beating in the winter, whether it’s from general wear and tear, cold temperatures, the occasional snow or ice storm, or rock salt from the roads. Consider the following tips as you prepare your car for Spring!
- Change your windshield wipers. Your windshield wipers may go through a lot during the winter from dealing with snow and ice, or they may just be worn out. A new pair will ensure you’re ready to deal with the rainy Spring season when it hits.
- Replenish all fluids. Chances are that fluids like your oil and antifreeze are running low after a long winter. A shop can replenish these and ensure that you’re ready to go when it warms up.
- Rotate your tires. Cold temperatures can wreak havoc on tire pressure. Rotate your tires and request that the pressure be checked to protect against tire damage and to ensure a smooth ride.
- Spring cleaning, inside and out. Cars get messy no matter what season it is. A Spring cleaning both inside and out will give you a fresh, comfortable space for new adventures in the warm weather!
Savannah Car Rental Can Help!
If you’re planning to take your car into the shop to get some of these necessities out of the way, Savannah Car Rentals can make the experience easier. Rent a car while your own is in the shop and your schedule will be as uninterrupted as possible!
We have convenient locations in Savannah, Hinesville, and Statesboro, and offer an impressive lineup of low mileage, late model Nissans of various sizes. We also offer 10% student discounts and waive the security deposit for active duty military.
Get your car prepared for Spring today, and don’t forget to let Savannah Car Rentals help get the job done!
Winter Day Trips from Savannah
Winter is a great time to travel — fewer crowds, the weather is milder, and you likely need a break from the same-old, same-old. Savannah is optimally located for a number of exciting, easy-to-do day trips throughout the South, specifically in Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida. And renting a car with Savannah Car Rental can make those day trip plans easy on your own car and your wallet.
Renting with Savannah Car Rental will save mileage and wear on your own car, while giving you a low mileage, late model Nissan to drive for the day (or weekend, if you decide to extend your trip).
Keep these three locations in mind when planning a winter day trip from Savannah:
St. Augustine, FL (3 hours from Savannah): If you are looking for cool beach days and plenty of historic sites to enjoy, St. Augustine is an ideal day trip location. Just three hours south of Savannah, you can enjoy temperatures in the 60s and 70s, perfect for walks along one of the areas several beaches. You can also tour the famous Castillo de San Marcos fortress, a Spanish fort built in 1672, marking Spanish conquest of the area hundreds of years ago. Historic walking tours of the city are also popular, as are airboat rides on the nearby St. John’s River.
Francis Marion National Forest, SC (2.5 hours from Savannah): Francis Marion National Forest is an easy drive north from Savannah in South Carolina. This area is the site of a historic Revolutionary War battle and a favorite area for nature lovers in the present day. There’s plenty to do to experience the forests and marshlands, such as hiking, canoe trails, rifle ranges, and a boat launch. Waterfalls like the Yellow Branch Waterfall and the Sewee Shell Ring Boardwalk are two popular spots among visitors.
Brasstown Bald, GA (5 hours, 45 minutes from Savannah): A trip to northeast Georgia to visit Brasstown Bald could potentially be a bit more than a day trip since it’s almost six hours away, but it’s worth the drive. It is Georgia’s tallest mountain at 4,784 feet, and a 360-degree observation deck makes it possible to not only enjoy amazing views, but also on a clear day you can see four states at once. There are also a number of hiking trails, and a museum of Georgia’s natural history to enjoy.
SCR is Essential to Any Winter Road Trip!
When planning your winter day trip, don’t forget to take advantage of all that Savannah Car Rental can offer. Let one of our cars take you to and from St. Augustine, Brasstown Bald, or the Francis Marion National Forest and give your personal car the weekend off! We have convenient locations found in Savannah, Hinesville, and Statesboro. Students can benefit from a 10% discount, and active duty military can waive the security deposit.
Winter is the ideal time for a day trip in the South — take advantage of the opportunity and call SCR to book your rental today!
Winter Activities In & Around Savannah
Many people think of visiting Savannah in the summer or spring, but winter is also a great time to visit Savannah and the surrounding region. For one thing, it’s the offseason so you’ll enjoy a quieter atmosphere. The weather is also a bit milder compared to the hot summer months.
Savannah and the surrounding areas boast numerous fun winter activities for individuals and families. Savannah Car Rental’s convenient and quality car rentals can help make a day or weekend trip easy this winter!
Enjoy Winter in the South
When planning a trip to Savannah or when planning a trip anywhere in the southeastern region, consider adding one of the following events or sights to your itinerary:
- Savannah Black Heritage Festival (Feb. 1-22): Savannah has an incredible Black Heritage Festival that runs through the entire month of February, coinciding with Black History Month. The festival includes various activities throughout the city all month long. This year’s festival includes an exhibition at the Savannah African Art Museum, as well as concerts, lectures, and family activities like wreath-laying ceremonies at the city’s war memorials and monuments.
- Mardi Gras Tybee (March 2): Tybee Island is just a short drive from Savannah and is known for its Mardi Gras celebration each year. The locals create a fun and festive atmosphere featuring a parade, followed by a street party featuring live entertainment.
- Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain State Park: Stone Mountain is about a four hour drive northwest from Savannah, but Snow Mountain is worth the trip. Here you’ll enjoy racing down a 400-foot tubing hill in your own tube or one that’s family-sized. There are also snow play areas for children under three, making this a great destination for the whole family.
- Cloudland Canyon State Park: Enjoy a hiking trip in the winter when temperatures aren’t as oppressive! In the very northwest corner of Georgia, Cloudland Canyon is a 5.5-hour drive from Savannah. In addition to impressive views of cliffs and canyons, the many waterfalls in the park freeze over in the winter, which make for a beautiful sight. The park also includes hiking trails, a disc golf course, and cottages to rent for a weekend spent in nature.
Savannah Car Rental’s Winter Accommodations
Savannah Car Rental can help you make enjoyable winter plans; renting a car for a road trip — whether long or short — can give you peace of mind, save wear and tear, and mileage on your own vehicle.
Choose from Savannah Car Rental’s impressive lineup of low mileage, late model Nissans at any one of our convenient locations in Savannah, Hinesville, or Statesboro. We offer a 10% student discount as well as a waived security deposit for active duty military.
Trust SCR With Your Winter Plans
Whether you’re making a short trip to Tybee or are loading up the family for a road trip to north Georgia, Savannah Car Rental can provide you with a clean, safe, and affordable rental to make your trip that much more peaceful and enjoyable!
We’re already a few weeks into 2019 and you’ve likely gotten a good start on working towards those New Year’s resolutions. You may have resolutions pertaining to fitness, your work, or relationships, but consider adding a few more when it comes to car care.
Your car is an investment, so taking care of it is worth going the extra mile (no pun intended…). Savannah Car Rental can help you follow through on some of these resolutions that really should be kept throughout the year to ensure your car is running at its best. Consider adding these tips to your list of resolutions for 2019!
- Be sure your car receives regular routine maintenance. Resolve NOT to put off or procrastinate getting regular maintenance done on your car. Don’t avoid getting oil changes, rotating the tires, or other items that will keep your car running smoothly and safely. Maybe you put off maintenance because you need your car and can’t spare the time to have it in the shop. Savannah Car Rental can help you with a safe, clean, and affordable rental to drive while your car is in the shop!
- Don’t ignore warning lights. Everyone’s done it — that pesky check engine light that comes on as soon as you turn your car on can go for weeks without you paying attention to it. But that’s a bad idea, because your car is trying to tell you that it needs some sort of inspection or maintenance. Paying attention to warning lights will help you fix any problems quickly before they get worse, and more expensive.
- Keep the inside clean. Make a point of not allowing trash to pile up inside your car this year. Also, consider getting the inside of your car detailed — or learning to do it yourself — for a more thorough, comprehensive clean. And of course, avoid leaving food in your car for any period of time. A small trash bag in your center console or on the floor of the passenger seat will help you make throwing trash away easy and simple.
- Conserve mileage. When going on road trips, consider renting a car from Savannah Car Rental. Renting will save wear and tear as well as mileage on your personal car. This will not only make your car last longer, but it can really help cut down on mileage if you have a limit on your lease.
Savannah Car Rental Can Help You with Your 2019 Resolutions
Savannah Car Rental can help you follow through on your 2019 car care New Year’s resolutions by offering rentals for any occasion, whether for a road trip or for the day while your car is in the shop.
We have three locations in Savannah, Hinesville, and Statesboro, and are pleased to offer late model, low-mileage Nissans of various sizes to accommodate individuals and families. Students can enjoy a 10% discount and active duty military will be able to waive the security deposit. It’s not too late to add a few New Year’s resolutions to your list — your car will thank you in 2019!
Attractions in Downtown Savannah
The Savannah area and surrounding environs have a lot of wonderful attractions to offer, but
downtown Savannah has a number of great tourist attractions that even the locals appreciate. In
downtown Savannah you’ll find everything from history, to shopping, to incredible restaurants
and beautiful scenery. Whether you’re in the area for business or leisure, Savannah Car Rental
can set you up with one of our rental cars to help you enjoy the city safely and comfortably.
Renting a car while in Savannah on business or for recreation will not only enable you to get
around the city easily and quickly, but it can also save mileage, wear, and tear on your own car.
Savannah Car Rental makes renting easy so you can enjoy our beautiful city. Consider adding
one of these popular attractions to your list the next time you’re in downtown Savannah:
Savannah’s Popular Attractions
● Colonial Park Cemetery: Located in the Historic District, this cemetery — dating to the
18th century — houses over 9,000 graves, and many of them have a fascinating story to
tell. A signer of the Declaration of Independence is buried here, as well as victims of
19th century duels and the famous 1820 Yellow Fever epidemic. The setting is beautiful,
too, so it makes for a historic and somber walk if you’re a history buff or simply
appreciate impressive cemeteries.
● River Street: River Street is a favorite of many locals and tourists. You’ll find art
galleries and studios, shopping, and restaurants with impressive views of the Savannah
River. Eat at restaurants like Tubby’s Tank House, The Shrimp Factory, or Vic’s on the
River while enjoying a quintessential Savannah atmosphere.
● Forsyth Park: Enjoy a leisurely walk or picnic in historic Forsyth Park, bordered by
many historic buildings nearby. This park was built in the 19th century and is still a
Savannah favorite today. It’s especially beautiful in the springtime when all the plant life
is in bloom.
● City Market: Enjoy four city blocks of dining, art, and shopping at City Market. You’ll
hear local musicians creating a relaxed atmosphere, and you’ll be able to choose from
any number of excellent eateries. Located at the corner of Jefferson and West Julian
Streets, City Market is a popular nightlife destination with bars open late each evening. If
you’re an art connoisseur, visit the Art Center and enjoy galleries featuring work by local
Let Savannah Car Rental Make Your Visit Easy
Savannah Car Rental can make your visit to downtown Savannah smooth and easy. Rent from
one of our three convenient locations in Savannah, Hinesville, or Statesboro. We offer
competitive weekly rates, and you’ll be able to choose from any one of our low mileage, late
model Nissans. We have rentals to accommodate groups and families of all sizes.
Also be sure to take advantage of our discounts if you qualify — we offer a 10% student discount
and are happy to waive the security deposit for active duty military.
Savannah Car Rental looks forward to making your visit to downtown Savannah a memorable
Holiday Activities In and Around Savannah
If you’re looking for fun and festive activities for you and your family this December, Savannah
and the surrounding areas have a variety of options to offer. From holiday light displays to
parades and historic candlelit tours, you’re sure to find something that will please the entire
For events and activities within a few hours’ drive of the Savannah area, Savannah Car Rental
can provide a safe, comfortable, and affordable rental car for your trip. Renting will give you
more space for your family and will save your personal car the mileage and wear, so you can
focus on enjoying the holiday season.
Consider one of the following for a family day trip or weekend trip this December:
Tybee Island, GA (30-minute drive from Savannah)
● Tybee Island Christmas Parade: Held on December 17, the Tybee Island Christmas
Parade is a classic island tradition that draws many people from near and far to enjoy
the small-town charm of Tybee Island. The parade begins at 1pm and kids can get a
photo with Santa at the end.
● The Tybee Island Lighthouse Christmas tour takes place December 8 through
December 15. Enjoy 1930s and 40s Christmas decor and see what a lighthouse
keeper’s Christmas celebrations would have looked like. The tour includes caroling, hot
apple cider, and great views of the island’s lights from the top of the Lighthouse.
Charleston, SC (2-hour drive from Savannah)
● Candlelight Tours at the Nathaniel Russell house are held every Friday and Saturday
evening until Christmas. For $25, adults can enjoy the beautiful 19th century home and
its’ candlelit Christmas decor, followed by a glass of wine at the tours’ end.
● 37th Annual Holiday Parade of Boats: On December 8 at 5pm, choose a spot on land
from which to enjoy the annual boat procession through Charleston Harbor. Many
people decorate their boats with lights for the procession, making for an impressive
Atlanta (4-hour drive from Savannah)
● Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens was named one of the Top 10 Places to See
Holiday Lights by National Geographic Traveler. From now until January 5, enjoy the
impressive holiday light displays, as well as various shows and entertainment in Pine
Mountain, GA. Callaway Gardens also offers packages for those interested in spending
a weekend at the resort.
Savannah Car Rental Can Make the Holidays Easy
Savannah Car Rental can make the holidays easy; consider renting with us to give you, your
family, and any visiting guests more room, and to save wear and tear on your own car. We have
three convenient locations in Savannah, Hinesville, and Statesboro. We offer a 10% student
discount and are also pleased to waive the security deposit for active duty military. Choose
from any one of our low-mileage, late model Nissans to take you and your family to and from
your holiday activities.
Whether you plan to enjoy our region’s impressive light displays or historic architecture,
Savannah Car Rental looks forward to helping make your holiday season bright!