by Savannah Car Rentals | in Uncategorized | 0 comments
Summer is officially here and that means it’s time to take steps to keep your car running
smoothly this summer. Hot temperatures can pose all sorts of problems for cars, especially
older ones. It’s worth it to take the extra steps to make sure your car is in peak condition so you
don’t end up stranded on the side of the road with car trouble in the middle of summer.
Consider these tips when planning your summer car maintenance:
- Prevent your car from overheating by making sure the car isn’t running low on coolant.
Be sure not to use coolant that is out of date and avoid overloading your car making it
work harder than necessary in high temperatures.
- Use a sunshade when parked, especially when parked in direct sun. Not doing so can
result in sun damage to the interior and it can also make surfaces dangerously hot when
you re-enter the vehicle.
- Check wheel alignment. A winter full of ice, snow, and the resulting potholes can cause
misalignment which can result in damage to tires and poor gas mileage.
- Speaking of tires, the beginning of summer is a great time to rotate them. Doing so will
make sure the wear is even.
- Check tire pressure regularly and be sure to NOT over inflate your tires. Your tires will
already expand as it gets warmer, and overinflating can put your car at risk for blowing a
Rent for Your Summer Vacation
In addition, if you’re planning a summer road trip, consider renting a vehicle to save the mileage,
wear, and tear on your own car. Savannah Car Rentals can accommodate any size family or
group of friends with a low-mileage, late-model Nissan of any size and make.
Summer Car Care is Easy with SCR
Taking your car to the shop can be a hassle, but SCR makes it easy to get an affordable rental
for a day or a week or even longer. We have three convenient locations in Hinesville,
Statesboro, and Savannah, and we offer a 10% student discount and a security deposit waiver
for active duty military. Get your car in for summer maintenance and let SCR set you up with a