Undoubtedly, the first half of 2020 has us all eager for a little relaxation and some time spent just about anywhere besides our own homes. Weeks of quarantining, working from home, and trying out the virtual social life has got us all a little weary. But how to travel during a pandemic? Is it safe to go to another state, to stay at a hotel, or to rent a car? Here are some things to consider as you plan your summer road trip:
- Do a little research. Consider the current rate of the virus’s spread in your chosen destination, and also consider the spread in your area. Is the case rate rising in either location? If so, maybe reconsider your plans. If not, it’s time to think about getting there.
- If you feel as though it is safe for you travel, then Savannah Car Rental is ready to help. We’ve got clean, factory-fresh vehicles to fit your whole family. We’ve adopted all of the official guidelines and best practices for stopping the spread of the virus, and we’re prepared to safely administer your rental vehicle today. Call us at 912.920.5431 or visit our website at https://SavannahCarRentals.com to complete your online reservation for a vehicle.
- When you’re packing, don’t forget the essentials: a face mask or shield and a bottle of hand sanitizer. The most common guidelines for cleanliness and safety during this pandemic have been to wear a face covering in public and wash hands regularly.
- Prepare to be patient. Wherever you are heading, it is bound to be a little different than expected with unique social distancing guidelines, various rules for public spaces like restaurants and grocery stores, and bit of uncertainty about how to proceed through normal errands and entertainments. Keeping a positive attitude can help to make the trip more enjoyable. Try to remember that these measures are helping to protect everyone and you might even grow in gratitude for these inconveniences.
- Consider your activities. Could your day be spent outside rather than in an enclosed space? Are there hiking trails, kayak rentals, or cycling lanes? How many people are you traveling with? Could you split up for parts of the day to accommodate capacity limits at shops or attractions? Any adjustments to your trip that could help you stay active and safe will keep your trip risk-free for everyone.
Be it a day trip or a weeklong getaway, Savannah Car Rentals can help you make your great escape with affordable, low-mileage vehicles today. We offer special student and military discounts, so be sure to mention your qualifying status to us when reserving your ride.
We’ll continue to do our due diligence in sanitizing our fleet, keeping our staff and clients safe, and staying educated on all COVID-19 circumstantial considerations.
We have three convenient locations in Savannah, Hinesville, and Statesboro. Come visit us today and pick up a rental so can you to drive off into the sunset during this truly unique summer experience.